- Sealed timber and high-quality, vinyl liner
- 4 continuous 350W heaters under pool, 2” rigid fire resistant insulation to floor
- Temperature control by programmable digital thermostat in unique control system
- Over-temperature and low water alarms
- 1 to 75 micron filtration system with unique top entry filter housing for standard 9 7/8” cartridges, with surface skimming system & cyclic pump timing
- Powerful magnetic drive pump (all plastic construction), capable of 8 minute turnover (commercial, the mini-pack standard pump gives a 15 minute turnover)
- Emergency battery keeps light lit for at least 90 minutes in case of power cut
- Call attendant and light switch buttons via air coupled switches for total electrical isolation
- Pre-assembled technical parts housed on a GRP base and covered with a GRP lid which can serve as a bench in float room
- Elegant remote session control which can be located up to 300’ away with many functions (see remote specification for details)
- Designed and constructed in accordance with UL requirements (NFPA 70, UL 1795, UL 1563, UL 508A) and EN 60335-2-60:2003+A12:2010 and EN 60335-1:2012+A11:2014
Octo-Float Open Pool
This economical eight-sided pool with open-air design can be used for solo or couple floating. This easy-to-install, wooden- framed, open pool with an extra strong liner comes as a set of parts which can be carried into any space. The insulation and floating roll up cover are easy to fit with detailed pictorial instructions. This pool has eight sides and can be used for solo or couple floating and can be purchased with either the new mini pack for home use or a standard commercial technical pack.
Open Octagonal Float Pool (8’ or 9’) – $11,990
Outside diameter: 8’0.5” x 18”
Volume of Solution:
At 11” depth: 317 US Gallons (requires 1,320 lbs of salt)
Weight when full:
Floor loading: 0.464psi
Technical Pack: Curved to match product (can be next to pool or in an adjacent room) 45.5” long x 17” high x 20” deep, standard Floataway commercial pack. Includes remote control and many monitored parameters. For home use, the mini-pack has timer, thermostat, pump, heater and under-pool heating.
Remote Control Unit for Commercial Pack: We advise locating the unit in the reception area where the LAN cables terminate. Dimensions 8” x 4 ¾” x 1.5” (wall mounting bracket provided).
A power outlet is required near the remote unit for the music source (not provided). A 3.5mm jack lead (39” long) is provided to connect the music source to the remote unit. A shelf next to the remote unit is useful to hold music source.
Electrical Supply for Commercial Pack: USA and Canada: 2*, single phase, 208-240V three-wire (“two hots, neutral and ground”) 60Hz AC, 20A breaker and two gang-back wired sockets. The mating plug and cable t our equipment must also be supplied by your electrician (We recommend installing the second supply cable as above for upgrade options such as silent air heating). Any other supply, including 120 volt, requires consultation at extra cost. Floataway needs to know the supply voltage in every case.
Data cable for Commercial Pack: 3 runs of Cat6 LAN cable terminated in female RJ45 sockets from the float room to your reception area.
Water Supply: This is a stand-alone product, not connected to the water supply, but we recommend installing a water faucet in the float room for cleaning and maintenance.
Shower: A shower must be installed in every float room. We recommend an open-shower (request our info for preparing an open float room).
Drain: No drain required for the Octo-Float (unless required by local regulation), but a floor drain is strongly advised and necessary for an open shower.
HVAC: Minimum one air exchange per hour required. The air temperature must be very close to the water temperature, thermostatically controlled in the room. Note that separate, silent air heating will be required to achieve this. Relative humidity (RH) target 80% in the room. Ventilation to be as silent as possible with a low-speed fan and manual switching in the room.
Flooring: Must be strong enough, waterproof, non–slip, bunded to 4”, level under the product and we recommend a floor drain (we have a document on extensive technical information).
Room Lighting: The room requires an independent bright light for cleaning and maintenance.
Room Surfaces: Wet room code. Windows should be made dark.
- Disinfection by automatic-timed doser for chlorine or peroxide
- Ground noise isolation system
- Star effect ceiling using fiber optics
- UV filter (recommended with Peroxide)
- Music mute button
- Two-way intercom system
- Redox disinfection system for chlorine
- Reverse osmosis (RO) water filtering
- Automatic water-adding system (requires RO)
SketchUp version is available.